What is a part turn electric actuator?
- By:Latvian Trade
A part turn electric actuator, also known as a quarter-turn electric actuator, is a type of actuator that is used to control the movement of valves or other devices that require a rotational motion of approximately 90 degrees (one-quarter of a full revolution). The actuator converts electrical energy into mechanical energy to open or close the valve by rotating it.
Here are some key features and characteristics of part turn electric actuators:
1. Rotational Movement: Part turn electric actuators are designed to provide rotational movement in a limited range, typically around 90 degrees. This makes them suitable for applications where the valve or device requires only a quarter turn to fully open or close.
2. Electric Operation: Part turn electric actuators are powered by electricity. They incorporate an electric motor and a control system to drive the rotational movement of the actuator. The motor receives electrical signals to rotate the actuator in the desired direction and position.
3. Control and Automation: Part turn electric actuators are commonly used in automated systems, where they can be integrated with control systems, such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs) or distributed control systems (DCS). This enables remote or automated control of valve operations, allowing for precise and timely adjustments.
4. Torque Output: Part turn electric actuators are available in various torque ratings to accommodate different valve sizes and operating conditions. The torque output of the actuator determines its capability to rotate and control the valve, ensuring proper opening and closing forces are applied.
5. Position Feedback: Many part turn electric actuators incorporate position feedback mechanisms, such as limit switches or position sensors, to provide information about the actuator's current position. This feedback helps in monitoring and controlling the valve's position accurately, ensuring proper functioning and system control.
6. Versatility: Part turn electric actuators are versatile and can be used with various types of valves, such as ball valves, butterfly valves, and plug valves, among others. They find applications in industries such as water treatment, oil and gas, chemical processing, power generation, and HVAC systems.
7. Compact Design: Part turn electric actuators are typically designed to be compact and space-efficient, allowing for easy installation and integration into valve assemblies or systems.
Part turn electric actuators provide a reliable and efficient means of automating and controlling valve operations in industrial processes. Their electric operation, precise control, and compatibility with various valves make them a popular choice for applications where quarter-turn movement is required.